At one point, I decided that I was going to work incredibly hard, invest my money, retire at age thirty-five, buy a nice plot of land, and begin adopting children seven years old or above, since that's when their chance for being adopted basically turns to zero. Obviously, my life has altered since then, but my care for children has not. That love helps renew my commitment to the forests.
Oh I get by with a little help from my friends/ Mmm I get high with a little help from my friends/ Mmm gonna try with a little help from my friends.
The knowledge: I have a medical diploma from a Swiss university, I must help my patients, I have a wife and five children, I live at 228 Seestrasse in Küsnacht — these were actualities which made demands on me and proved to me again and again that I really existed, that I was not a blank page whirling about in the winds of the spirit...
I always say, as you know, that if my fellow citizens want to go to hell, I will help them. It's my job.
For all at last returns to the sea — to Oceanus, the ocean river, like the everflowing stream of time, the beginning and the end.
Often people feel that they shouldn't take an art class because they don't already know how to draw. This is like deciding that you shouldn't take a French class because you don't already speak French.
The Small Purple Sea Urchin has been responsible for the demise of large areas of giant kelp forest off the North American coastline. Like most sea urchins, it feeds by scraping away at seaweeds and fixed animals and its favorite food is the giant kelp.
<who said what & when>
- Julia Butterfly Hill, The Legacy of Luna: The Story of a Tree, a Woman, and the Struggle to Save the Redwoods (2000)
- John Lennon and Sir Paul McCartney, "With a Little Help From My Friends," Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967)
- C.G. Jung, Memories, Dreams, Reflections (1961)
--Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr., from a letter to Harold Lasky (1920)
- Rachel Carson, Silent Spring (1962)
- Betty Edwards, Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain (1979)
- Museum of Natural History, Ocean: The World's Last Wilderness Revealed (2006)